The two Felony Investigation Units are responsible for producing felony court reports and providing Deputy Probation Officer coverage for the felony criminal calendar courts.
- Bail study and pre-plea fast track investigations
- Pre-sentence reports
- Restitution reports on court probation and prison cases
- Change of plea / 1203.4 PC reports
Felony Investigation provides two full-time and two back-up court officers, whose duties include:
- Representing the Probation Department.
- Representing the field deputies in court regarding probation violations.
- Serving as a resource to the court.
- Assisting defendants to complete all paperwork for probation, drug registration, post conviction drunk driving programs, sheriff’s alternative sentencing programs, 296 PC testing and all other paperwork given by the court.
- Making diversion referrals