Real Estate Services
The Real Property Division is responsible for:
- The acquisition of property and land rights for County uses, including buildings and building sites for airports
- Redevelopment Agency projects
- The County road system
- The Flood Control District
- Numerous special districts
The division also provides these services to cities, other outside agencies, and counties who may not have a real estate acquisition staff:
- Make property appraisals and negotiate with property owners and/or their representatives to purchase land and easements.
- Engage private appraisers for special work and review the work product.
- Develop supporting data and assist the County’s attorney in the preparation of condemnation cases for court trials.
- Make right-of-way cost estimates for budgetary and other purposes