Core Value Oath
I am accountable for my professional and personal behavior. I will always be mindful of the privilege I have to serve the citizens of this county.
- Abide by an uncompromising code of integrity, taking full responsibility for my actions and keeping my word.
- Conduct myself in the highest ethical manner in relationships with seniors, peers, and subordinates.
Courage is the value that gives me the moral and mental strength to do what is right, with confidence and resolution, even in the face of temptation or adversity.
- Have the courage to meet the demands of my profession and the mission entrusted to me.
- Make decisions and act in the best interest of the Office of the Sheriff, and the citizens of the county, without regard to undue personal consequences.
- Overcome all challenges while adhering to the highest standards of personal conduct and decency.
The day-to-day duty of every man and woman in the Office of the Sheriff is to consistently strive for improvements in the quality of our work, our people and ourselves.
- Care for the professional, personal, and spiritual well-being of my co-workers.
- Encourage new ideas and deliver bad news forthrightly.
- Show respect towards all people, without regard to race, religion, or gender.
Leadership is the tool which provides the Office of the Sheriff the ability to create alliances and partnerships, to focus on our people, and to keep an "eye on the horizon" for the long range perspective.
- Demonstrate a passion for my profession and set a standard for others to emulate.
- Take reasonable and calculated risks.
- Use innovative and creative approaches to problem solving.
Teamwork fosters cooperation and creates a positive work culture. It serves to establish a synergy and develop a "Win-Win" philosophy.
- Provide opportunities to explore new ideas and strategies.
- Communicate in an open, empathic, and solution-oriented manner.