- On this page you can get some general information on the Glassy-Winged Sharpshooter and some updated information on Contra Costa County's current Sharpshooter status.
- On the identification page you can find valuable information on identifying the insect as well as pictures and videos that will help in identifying the Sharpshooters behavior.
- The concerns page will contain information on how devastating the sharpshooter can be, what crops and ornamental plants they can destroy, and other problems caused by the Sharpshooter.
What Should I Do If I Find Sharpshooter Eggs Nymphs or Adults?
If you find any traces of the sharpshooter you should notify your local county's Department of Agriculture.
In Contra Costa County the phone number is 925-646-5250
If you live near Concord and can drop off a sample we are located at
2366-A Stanwell Circle
Concord, CA 94520-4807
Or if you are near Knightsen, the field office is located at:
3020 Second Street
Knightsen, CA 94548
(corner of Second and Delta Road)
Their phone number is 925-427-8610
Anywhere else in California you can call the California Department of Food and Agriculture hotline at 800-491-1899.
- California Department of Food and Agriculture - GWSS
- California Farm Bureau - GWSS
- University of California Integrated Pest Management
- Berkeley's slideshow presentation on Pierces Disease
- Ventura County's IPM page
- California Association of Wine Growers
- UC Agriculture and Natural Resources