Inmate Programs & Services
- DEUCE (substance abuse, anger and stress management, job development)
- Computer Applications including Web Design
- Adult Basic Education
- Independent Study
- Transitional Services
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- GED / High School Diploma preparation and testing
Other Vocational Programs
- Inmate Industries offer a wide variety of products and services such as engraving, vinyl banners, sign (inside and outside), sublimation, vehicle decaling and detailing, etc. Customers include any government agency, non-profit organizations, and Sheriff's Office employees. Students learn valuable skills that can be utilized to secure stable employment upon release.
- Landscape Program teaches participants such landscape skills as soil preparation; planting and maintenance of trees, shrubs, bushes, flowers, grass, and other ground cover; and the design and implementation of irrigation projects. It also provides instruction in the construction of wood or brick flower beds, trellises, waterfalls, pagodas, and cement walkways.
- Library Services include a full service browsing male and female library. A wide selection of books and periodicals are available for check out. A reference library provides books for use during scheduled visits. A limited amount of Internet research is provided.
- Legal Services are provided by Legal Research Associate Incorporated.
- Full-time chaplains provide chaplaincy services on a voluntary basis through a contract between the Office of the Sheriff and Bay Area Chaplains. Over 200 volunteers assist the chaplains in meeting the diverse religious and spiritual needs of all inmates. Chaplains provide counseling services, they organize or coordinate religious services and bible studies, they deliver requested religious materials, and they review all requests for religious diets.